Words can make or break your business
No one wants your business to succeed more than you do.
Your business is unique because you are. It’s like a fingerprint, no two are exactly alike.
When you started your endeavor, you wanted it to be unique, to stand out from the competition.
Yet perhaps now you find yourself mired in a sea of sameness after trying a series of “one size fits all” copywriting solutions.
The problems that plague the competition have now decided to camp out at your doorstep.
Do you recognize any of these?
- Not enough new or repeat customers
- You market your business, but you have no idea if it’s working
- You want an effective online presence, but the vast array of choices are mind-numbing
Isn’t it time to evict these squatters?
In every situation you essentially have two choices.
1. Accept things as they are, cross your fingers and hope things get better
2. Face the unpleasant truth that things need to change, and then get busy changing them I’m confident you would wisely choose number 2, because the consequences of number 1 are too horrible to consider.
Believe me, I know.
In 2008 we lost our home.
I would love to blame the economy, but it was totally my fault.
A series of poor decisions led me and my family on a two and a half year journey into homelessness.
What was the takeaway from all this madness?
- Seek wise counsel
- Admit that there are things you don’t know
- Take whatever steps necessary to fill in those gaps.
Admittedly, this is an extreme result, but do you imagine that continued inaction on your part will lead to anything good?
Pick a car, any car
Which vehicle would win in a race, a Ferrari or a Jeep?
If you’re like most people your immediate answer was the Ferrari.
But what if the race was up a mountain, would your answer be the same?
Of course not, but most business owners don’t know which questions to ask to determine what kind of race they’re in. Their high end sports car gets stuck while the competition drives right by.
What works for a similar business may not work for you. An outside perspective may be just the ticket to get you to the winner’s circle.
Have you seen my keys?
In Russell Conwell’s classic book “Acres of Diamonds” a man sets off on a search for something he had all along.
There are times that we can’t see the forest for the trees.
In moment’s like that it’s good to have a trusted advisor that can point out that what was once lost has now been found, usually right under our own nose.
Take heart, you’re not alone. We all occasionally forget where we put the keys to our life.
Five good reasons we should get on the phone today
By now I’m confident that you are convinced that you need to make some changes, but why should you hire me as your professional copywriter?
So glad you asked. See if any of these sound familiar:
- You’ve tried writing your own copy, but if you’re honest, you realize it’s just not very good. It’s an inexpensive option, but not a very effective one.
- You just don’t have the time. Face it, you’re busy. Sometimes it seems the entire world is clamoring for your attention, and unless you have the magic power to add more hours in the day your copy is going to suffer.
- You need a specialist. If you wanted to learn to play golf, you wouldn’t trust your swing to just anyone. You need a professional. Unless of course you enjoy the mockery of your peers.
- You’re too close to the subject. You know the things you love about your business, but what if the things that excite you don’t have the same effect on your customers? I know how to find out what motivates your customers to go from browsers to buyers, and love you in the process.
- You have too much to lose. You’ve poured your blood, sweat, and tears into your business. Failure is not an option.
I hope you like pudding
The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.
The last thing you want to do is invest your precious resources in an unknown quantity.
You should be asking yourself, can this guy deliver results?
Good question, let’s take a look at some examples.
- A brand new consulting business hired me to introduce the power of direct response copywriting to their clients. After researching their target market, I was able to create a series of marketing pieces that increased the conversion of their flagship product from 10 percent to 75 percent.
- A large sales organization wanted to create an entirely new selling structure that would limit the amount of objections their salesforce was receiving. As a result of hiring me and successfully implementing my suggestions they experienced a 90% reduction in objections resulting in higher sales and happier, richer salespeople.
- A large health and wellness festival needed to raise awareness of their event. I created a series of email and other online campaigns that not only increased attendance by 30%, it also brought in additional sponsors and increased event revenue by $350,000. Just as importantly I was able to prevent an ill-advised business decision which resulted in tens of thousands of dollars in savings.
- A non-profit group that assists wounded warriors, among others, was running short of funds and was faced with the possibility of closing their doors forever. I wrote one letter that generated enough revenue to not just stay afloat, but increase the services they provide those in greatest need.
Where do we go from here?
You need someone that can take your grand vision and effectively translate it into the language of your target market.
That’s where I come in.
We all want to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that the Emerald City really is at the end of the Yellow Brick Road.
I can assure you, it’s there, but if you never take the step to talk to me about your copy, you’ll always be left wondering.
The Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu famously said, “The thousand mile journey begins with the first step.” Take that first step by clicking below to apply for a complimentary consultation.
If I can help you, I’ll tell you, and if I can’t help you, I’ll tell you that too.